Maximize your after-tax return.
We can review your investment ideas with you and your investment advisor and make recommendations to maximize your after-tax return. Don't ignore the impact of taxes on your investments. While taxes should not drive your investment strategy, understanding how taxes affect your earnings will help you minimize taxes and maximize your return. Consider these items:
- Long-term capital gains and dividends carry a favored tax status. Consider putting more dollars in investments that give you dividend income and long-term capital gains.
- You can deduct a limited amount of capital losses in excess of capital gains. Consider balancing your winners and losers to maximize this deduction each year.
- Investments which produce high taxable annual income can be given to family members who are in lower tax brackets, thereby saving taxes for the overall family group. Be aware of the kiddie tax in employing this strategy.
- Depending on your tax bracket, you may benefit from investing in municipal bonds.
- Another area where taxes make a difference is in deciding which investments to keep in your tax-deferred accounts, such as a regular IRA or 401(k) plan, and which to keep in taxable accounts.
Check out these links. We do not endorse any products, services, or businesses you may find by following these links. Do not enter into any transaction until you and your advisors are satisfied that you are getting what you are paying for. Each link will open a new browser window.
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission — investor assistance, fraud cases, SEC filings and small business information
- USA Today — top money news
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York — interest rates on treasury bills and much more!
- Business & Financial News — Reuters
- NASDAQ Exchange — stock quotes
- New York Stock Exchange
- Securities and Exchange Commission (S.E.C.) — Edgar database
- American Association of Individual Investors (AAII)
- Daily Stocks — get quotes, charts, and SEC filings
- InfoBeat — headline news in a daily e-mail newsletter
- Wall Street Directory — shopping mall for software, books, and magazines about investing
For assistance with your investment concerns, contact us.
ACCOUNTANTS AND CONSULTANTS
857 Kedron Ave
Morton, PA 19070
7900 E. Union Ave
Denver, CO 80237
4194 N. Garfield Ave
Loveland, CO 80538